BTS skytrain is one of the popular choices of transportation system for people who live and work in Bangkok. Let’s get to know this efficient transportation system that leads you to major attractions around Bangkok.
Bangkok BTS Skytrain Routes and Map
- BTS has two lines: Sukhumvit line (green) and Silom line (dark green).
- You can change the line at Siam Station.
- You can see a bigger map here.
Bangkok BTS Skytrain Service Hours
- The train runs from 06.00 to 24.00
- The train arrives every less than 10 minutes (every 3-4 minutes during peak hours).
Bangkok BTS Skytrain Connection
- BTS connects MRT at Mo Chit Station, Sala Daeng Station , and Asok Station.
- BTS connects Chaophraya Express Boat at Saphan Taksin station.
- BTS connects BRT (Bus rapid transit) at Chong Nonsi station.
- BTS connects Airport Rail Link at Phaya Thai station.
Bangkok BTS Skytrain Tickets and Fares
- The fare starts from 10 baht up to 52 baht for single journey ticket depending on the distance. You can see the detailed fare rate here.
- If you plan to hop on and off all day long, One day pass ticket is perfect for you. The ticket of unlimited trips within one day is available in 130 baht.
- If you plan to stay in Bangkok for a while, I would recommend Rabbit Card. With this card you can choose to either add stored value or add 30-day trips or both of them. For 30-day trips, you can choose to travel either 15 trips or 25 trips or 40 trips or 50 trips within 30 day. The more number of trips you choose, the less price per trip you will get. The price of this card can be found here.
Have you ever been to Bangkok? Have you ever used BTS Skytrain in Bangkok? Share your experience with me in the comments!