Do you want to buy clothes, shoes, handbags, and accessories at a cheap price? Do you want to escape from the heat in Bangkok?
If the answer is yes, The Platinum Fashion Mall is a place for you.
The Platinum Fashion Mall is an indoor wholesale and retail shopping complex which specializes in fashion clothes and accessories. This mall has two buildings with a connecting bridge on the second floor. The bigger building is divided into 2 zones: zone 1 and zone 2. The smaller building is called zone 3. In total there are 2,000 shops here.
In the bigger building, the shops from B floor to 4th floor sell woman clothes. Only the shops on 4th floor, zone 2 sells man clothes.
The shops on 5th floor sell children clothes and accessories.
On 6th floor there is a big food center. If you’re tired with shopping, you can enjoy eating here. Then, continue shopping!
Bags, leathers, and shoes could be found in the smaller building from 3rd floor to 5th floor ( types of shoes and bags that you can find in this mall are available in this post). In this building, the shops on the 1st and 2nd floor sell woman clothes.
Comparing to Chatuchak weekend market, I like this mall more because it’s air-conditioned and the shops here are more organized. You won’t see everything is mixed in the same floor. For me, it is a must-see shopping place. I always go to this mall when I need a nice dress. Many of my working clothes were bought from here. Usually I will not go there alone because when we buy more, we will get discount. If we buy one item, we will get the retail price. But, if we buy three (or only two) items from the same shop, we will get the wholesale price. So, why don’t I go with my friends? The price of the dress is around 100-300 baht.
4 Things you should know before you go there
– Cash is a must! Most shops accept only cash payment. The ATM machines are available in the mall.
– It takes day if you want to explore all shops. So, be prepared!
– Most shops are for ladies and no fitting rooms are available in the restrooms. BUT, they do not allow you to try on the clothes. It means you have to buy the products first.
– Most clothes are free size which means standard size. Only some shops have larger sizes available.
- For wholesale shopping, you might consider visiting Pratunam Market which is located just opposite this mall.
- For the shopping guide (to get things cheaper), check the link.
Update: May, 2017
Location: Petchburi Road, Pratunam shopping district. Not too far from CentralWorld. You can go there by getting off the skytrain at Chidlom Station. Then, walk on a new skywalk (Bangkok Skyline) to Platinum Fashion Mall. You can read how to walk on this skywalk from Chidlom to Platinum here.
Opening Hours: Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday from 08:00 to 20.00, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 09:00 to 20:00
Have you ever been to Platinum Fashion Mall? Did you enjoy shopping there? Share your experience with me in the comments!